Schneider Engineering is seeking a Temporary Part-Time SolidWorks Designer for a project based role in our Substation Engineering Division located in our Boerne, Texas office.
The Temporary SolidWorks Designer will work under the supervision of Senior Staff and/or Engineer. This project involves drafting and design of SolidWorks models and components for electrical substation design projects. Additional tasks include integration of the components into physical layout drawings as well as coordination with schematics and wiring diagrams.
The ideal candidate will complete these tasks in a professional, technically correct manner in accordance with company standard formats and policies.
- Know and follow Schneider Engineering's standards, procedures, and processes
- Collaborate on design issues, seek guidance from those with more experience
- Provide design consultation based on outcomes that support our Clients’ final goals and objectives
- Deliver timely and consistent engineering drawings to end-user Clients using AutoCAD and Solidworks
- Engage in best business practices on design and assembly processes
- Seek opportunities to streamline current workflow to increase overall productivity
- Assist other Divisions with CAD and technician support as needed
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Team player and self-starter
- Understanding of basic electrical engineering principles
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Solidworks
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to meet deadlines