Schneider Engineering is seeking experienced engineers in our Transmission and Distribution Engineering Divisions. Positions will be located in our Boerne, Texas office and may require some overnight travel to project sites.
Transmission and Distribution Engineers will work on overhead and underground projects for utility and industrial customers across the region. The position will include preparation of construction drawings and staking sheets, 3-dimensional pole loading analysis, design specifications, construction estimates of cost, and GPS staking coordinate files for field staking.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Texas
- 6 years of experience in the design of transmission and distribution line
- PLS-CADD experience
- AutoCAD experience
- Valid Driver's license
Additional requirements desired, but not required:
- High or medium voltage design experience
- Experience with GIS products such as ESRI
- Project management experience
- Experience with electronic staking sheets for distribution design
- Previous electric utility experience
The fundamental responsibility of this position will be to deliver quality engineering for projects and other activities.